My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My terrible accident!

I was climbing up the back stairs on Wednesday, December 20 at 8:00 in the evening and getting ready to snuggle in front of the television. I turned around to make certain my dad, Phil, was next to me when my paw slipped off the step near the top. There is a gap between these stairs and the wall and I started to fall. I clawed the wall but slipped and then got hung up on a nasty nail that was sticking out! It punctured my side, but I kept falling (about 8 feet) and the nail ripped a Y-shaped cut. I started screeching and my dad checked to see if anything was broken. My mom called the vet and he came in and checked me. I needed emergency surgery to close up the would and a drain to help it heal because it was very deep.

And, if that was not bad enough, they made me wear this horrible cone around my head so I could not lick myself.

I was a very sad puppy and cried and cried the first day. I had some pretty good pills that helped me rest and sleep. I did not want to eat or drink, so Mom had chicken soup from Chanukah and she fed it to me with a syringe, which is a very lazy way to eat. I then perked up enough to eat the tender dark bits of meat. I couldn't walk up or down the stairs so I have been carried and getting very spoiled.

It was a very down Christmas because I did not feel like running and playing. Luckily, Ashley brought Broch, a nice Ori-Pei a month younger than me, to visit and play and I had a good time after all.

I hope nobody posts pictures of me with the cone. I never want to see that hideous thing again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home